Desk Essentials

Here are some items I like to keep at my desk at work all year round.

1. Mug & tea: I like to have a separate reusable mug for coffee and tea. I bought this one at Homesense back in 2009 and still using it everyday. I used to only be into fruity teas but for the past 8 months or so I’ve been enjoying different peppermint teas. This one here is the no name brand from Walmart. It’s pretty good but next I would like to try out the TeaPigs brand.

2. Hand lotion, blistex, halls: These might look like essentials for a cold/flu but I’ve never worked in an office space where the air wasn’t super dry.  These things all keep my skin, lips and throat hydrated. I haven’t found a hand lotion that I’m brand loyal to but lately I’ve been using the Curel Extreme Care hand lotion. Blistex is a brand that I’m loyal to and I love all of their products. Especially in the winter, I have them all over the place: purse, desk, car, bathroom, nightstand. The halls aren’t something I use everyday but they’re nice to have around. Some afternoons, especially after a busy morning which means more talking, my throat is so dry so these really help.

3. Blotting papers, hair elastic, concealer: I always wear a hair elastic around my wrist and carry one in my purse because there’s no worse feeling than wanting to tie your hair up and not being able to. My skin likes to overcompensate for being in dry environments by getting extra oily. Blotting papers are a nice little refresher if I’m feeling greasy mid day. These can range in price but these no name Walmart brand ones are just as good as some higher end ones I’ve purchased before. I also like keeping concealer at my desk in case any blemishes creep up during the day. I recently purchased this QUO one and highly recommend it. It provides great coverage.
Comment below with some of your faves!

Comments

Popular Posts