September Goals Midway Check In



My goal for the month of September is to run 40km a week for the whole month. To some this might not sound like much, even to me it doesn’t sound that much. I used to run much more but this summer I pretty much stuck to anything under 10km so this goal will force me to get out there for a few longer runs.

I have a quote (left) and a Nike ad (below) that I find quite motivating for this challenge. The first week (August 31-September 6) I also started a new job which means a new routine. I did 4 weeknight runs and 2 weekend daytime runs to reach my 40km. My longest distance was 10.5km. This schedule only gave me one rest day which, to me, was not enough.
The second week (September 7-13) had some challenges because I was having company on the weekend which eliminated one prime running day. My longest run was still 10.5 km but this week I fit in that distance twice instead of just once.

I log all my runs on Nike plus which is an amazing and equally frustrating app that tracks your distance, calories burned, time, and pace.

I’ll post again at the end of the month with how I made out the last 3 weeks of the challenge. Also hoping by then the weather will have cooled off just a bit making all my runs much easier.

Comment below with your fitness goals this month! I would love to hear about them!

Comments

Popular Posts