Date Night Get Ready With Me!

The finished look!
I love watching Get Ready With Me videos on Youtube. I've been playing around a bit with filming videos a bit so decided to give it a try! It is actually so hard putting on makeup and filming! This is a bit more makeup than what I would wear for everyday. It's a bit more of an evening look for me.

I usually start with a primer but still haven't found one I like yet. On my face I have NYC Smooth Skin BB Crème 5-in-1 in the shade medium. Next comes Quo Easy Coverup in the shade 3. I did a review on this product back in September. I haven't found a place online to buy this product so I don't have a link to include. I bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart and I have seen it at a few other drug stores. For a powder, I used NYC Mosaic Face Powder in the shade Translucent Highlighter Glow. I also used this product in my post about my Current Makeup Routine.

On my brows I used Sephora Brow Thickener in the shade blonde. I'm still new to applying products to my brows but I really like this product because it is really easy to apply. Also, when this video was filmed, I really needed to have my eyebrows done.

A surprise appearance by Rex!
I always use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer in original. I used a Lancôme eyeshadow in the shade scene all over the lid but mainly in the crease. Unfortunately this eyeshadow shade has been discontinued. Probably a while ago too. But it's a matte chocolate brown. Next I used Lancôme Sensation Effect Eyeshadow in Sultry Mauve all over the lid and another discontinued Lancôme eyeshadow  in the shade positive at the inner corner of the lid. I used Sephora Nano eyes eyeliner in Kaki Green. I know you're not supposed to pull on the corner of your eye to apply eyeliner. I normally don't that
but it was just so tough to do with the set up and camera I was using. Hopefully next time, I can figure out a better setup. My mascara is an old favourite for a lot of people, the Maybelline Great Lash mascara in the shade blackest black.

The lipgloss is by Hourglass. It's called Extreme High Shine Lipgloss in the shade Child. My boyfriend doesn't like when I wear a lot of lip products so I just went with a nude colour.

This is my first time making a video so keep in mind I'm not used to filming myself! Hopefully it will get easier because I kind of like doing it!

Let me know what you guys think!






Comments

  1. Love the video! I'm adding a few of your recommendations to try out. I recently bought Smashbox BB cream and love it! I started using a Dior eyebrow pencil a year ago and now I can't live without it! I would never go outside without my brows done now LOL. xx www.celebratingthislife.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the Smashbox BB Cream, I might have to try it out!
      PS loved your review of Mindy Kaling's new book!

      Delete
  2. love these kinds of videos as well, you did a great job!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! That means a lot! It was a bit scary to put it out there for the world to see! Glad you enjoyed it!

      Sarah

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts