November Favourites!

The first thing I've been really loving this month is a nail polish. The Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in the shade Hold 'Em has been on my nails pretty consistently since September. I wanted to write about it in last month's favourites, but unfortunately, I bit my nails shortly before I wrote that post so they were not fit to be photographed.

I've only been painting my nails in the last 6 months or so because before that time, I bit my nails to the point that I was not able to paint them. It's been a challenge quitting and clearly sometimes I do still fall off the wagon. I wanted to try out a darker colour for fall and I had another shade of this polish and really loved the formula compared to others I had tried.

Hold 'Em is a dark greyish purple and I really liked the look of a darker nail but one thing I did find is that any little chip is much more noticeable. This formula usually lasts around 4-5 days or so on my nails before I have to touch up. I ran out of the diamond top coat and now that I've gone without it, I'm really not sure it's a necessary step.

The next favourite I have to share this month is another beauty favourite. I feel like many people have this in their collection already because it is part of the birthday gift that Sephora is giving out to Beauty Insiders this year. I have a late Birthday so I had to wait to try this out. The Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien is described a rose pink on the Sephora Website. I like the feel of this better than the other lip pencil that came in the duo which is the Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.
It's creamy, easy to apply and the shade is really flattering and I've been loving wearing it with my Lancôme Sensation Effect Eyeshadow in the shade sultry mauve. I also used this eyeshadow in my Get Ready with Me video. I find these two compliment each other well.


If you follow my blog, you'll know I made a few videos this month and even gave vlogging a try. (You can check them out here and here and here!) I didn't have a TV for a few years and really only watched YouTube during this time. I'm still so into watching vlogs on YouTube and this month I discovered a new one that is so different from anything else I've been watching. The Michalaks are a married couple with a toddler who post weekly vlogs. Their videos are styled so differently from the other popular vlogs on YouTube, from the music to the titles, everything has their own original spin on it and I can't get enough of it.

You can check out their channel here but be warned, make sure you have time on your hands because you'll want to watch all their videos in one sitting like I tried to do.




I always love hearing about new products so leave a comment below with any products you've been loving this month!



Comments

Popular Posts