Condo Christmas Tree!

This year I am not putting up a traditional Christmas Tree. I know we have room for one but I got rid of my artificial tree when I moved and I'm just not feeling like spending the extra money on a new one right now. I did an extensive Pinterest search of alternative Christmas Trees, Christmas Trees for small spaces and different ways to still use your tree ornaments.

My favourite option was this one using a pitcher and some branches. I do like this colour scheme but I just don't have furniture or decorations in these colours so mine will look a little different.







I received this beautiful red pitcher as a housewarming gift in 2011 along with 2 margarita glasses. (Thanks Kendra!) However, normally it's used for water and not margaritas unfortunately.

I wanted white branches instead of the natural colour. I found some branches in the backyard and used white craft paint from the dollar store. I didn't worry too much about getting everything perfectly covered. It doesn't need to be perfectly white. It didn't take long to paint them all.

While I was at the dollar store buying paint, I also saw some small string lights that take batteries instead of plugging in to the wall. At this point, I wasn't sure where I was putting the "tree" so I thought these would open up my options so it didn't need to be next to an outlet.

Of course, this "tree" doesn't allow me to put up all of my ornaments but I got the essential ones on there (including the 2 NY Jets ornaments). I only used my silver and gold ornaments that had sparkle on them. I left all my matte silver ornaments and coloured ornaments for other places in the condo.


If you want take a peak at the rest of my Christmas decorations this year, I have a Christmas Condo Tour going up November 23. Be sure to come back and have a look!

Can't wait to see how all of you are decorating your homes this year!

Happy Decorating Everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts