Le Céramic Café Studio


This weekend I got the chance to check out Le Céramic Café Studio in Québec City. I had never been to a Ceramics Studio before and I was very impressed. We ordered food while and ate while we painted. The staff was so helpful and gave lots of pointers on different ways to make your piece special.


There were endless choices of ceramic pieces to paint. There were mugs, plates, bowls, piggy banks, Halloween and Christmas decorations, cookie jars...and the list goes on!

The amount of choices was a little overwhelming and it took me a while to decide. I tried to choose something that we actually needed around the house, and went with a coffee mug. My plan was to try and make a mug with polka dots, which seems simple enough, but my artistic skills were not quite what I thought they were.

I chose pink, and white with pink and green flecks as the colours for my polka dots. I started by painting the mug in a few different places with these colours.

Next, I placed circle stickers over top and started painting the mug blue all over. I had some trouble because the stickers didn't stick as well as I'd hoped. After the blue paint dried, it was time to peel off the stickers to show the pink and white polka dots underneath. The lines weren't as crisp as I'd hoped but I was pretty happy with it for my first time!






We also ordered food while we were there. I ordered a pesto, goat cheese, ham sandwhich. It came with some nacho chips, lentil salad, and a little piece of carrot cake for dessert. Once all the food came, it was really crowded at the table, but we were snacking and painting at the same time. It is such a different vibe than at a restaurant because you stay for hours and eat and paint. There is no pressure or rush to leave so your table can be seated again.







We can head back in a week to pick up our pieces after they have been baked in the kiln, which will give them the glossy finish. I had such a good time at this Ceramics Café and can't wait to go back again!

Comments

Popular Posts