Fall Recap!

It feels like just yesterday I did a Summer Recap post but here we are almost Christmas so I thought it might be time for a little update on some lifestuff!


Our first Ikea order!







When I sold my house to move here, I got rid of all of my furniture and a lot of my other belongings. I've had moments where I've found that tough because it can be hard to make a place feel like home when it has none of your own stuff! My boyfriend lived here for a full year before I moved up, so his furniture and decorations were already here. We have been trying to slowly make it ours. My parents gave us a new dresser as my birthday gift and it was our first furniture piece that we picked out together.









On the left: Rex The Destroyer
On the right: Garbage Destruction





Rex has been adjusting to our new home fairly well. We live on a trail so he has been getting lots walks. Rex has had a few days where the temptation of the garbage can was just too great. We have made a few changes and he hasn't made any messes lately. (Thank Goodness!!)















We had our first Thanksgiving together in our new home. I was a little home sick this weekend but we kept busy and went to check out an awesome museum here in the city. Between that and cooking up a storm it flew by!
I was hesitant to make a turkey because I had never cooked one before and it is a lot of food for 2 people. We had salmon with a whole bunch of different side dishes and desserts!











I spent a month alone here while my boyfriend was away for work. I had a few days at the end where I was feeling a bit lonely. I am starting to get much more comfortable with my French which is awesome because it can be very isolating if you don't speak the language. I was lucky enough to get out for a fun night to check out RedBull Crashed Ice. It was awesome getting together with some people from my French class and but actually getting to socialize in English!












Station Touristique Duchesnay
 



We will be staying here in Quebec City for the holidays. It will be my boyfriend's first time being away from home for Christmas. We will probably head down to old Quebec for New Year's Eve and check out the celebrations that the city hosts. While I am excited to be together and start some new traditions this year, it is bittersweet to be away from friends and family.













The view from my living room window yesterday.

This about sums up my fall season living here in Quebec. Even though it's had some challenging moments, I'm so happy I made the move and am looking forward to making lots of memories here!

Happy Holidays Everyone!






Comments

Popular Posts