Book Reviews!

This past month I did a lot of reading so I thought I would share the good and the bad. I have a Kobo that I keep loaded with books so I can easily go through a couple books in a week.

The first thing I read this month was The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. I'm really into following what the Royals are up to. Not just the British royals, but the Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish monarchies as well. Basically any country that has a somewhat attractive royal family, I like to see what they're wearing and where they're going. If you ever day dreamed about being in Kate Middleton's shoes, this book might give an idea.

It's about an American girl to ends up in a relationship with the Prince who is line to the throne. The book has three parts. The first part, the beginning of their relationship, had me somewhat intrigued but it wasn't the kind of book that I couldn't put down. I kept reading through part two even though it was a struggle to stay interested. Finally, in part three, the storyline got more interesting and kept my interest. I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

Part of the problem for me was that the 2 main characters are just a bit bland. Even though it's meant to be this super intense love story, I felt like it was a bit lukewarm.

The next book I read this month was The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Every single Nicholas Sparks book I've read has some things in common. They all take place in some kind of coastal small town. They all have some kind of love triangle.  The girl is always being mistreated in some kind of way by the other guy. Even so, I love reading the Nicholas Sparks books and then seeing the movies. This one was a bit shorter than his other books and it might even be a novella instead of a novel. The trailer for the movie, which comes out in February 2016, is what made me decide to read the book.

I gave this a 3 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. I enjoyed it and it had all the things I look forward to from a Nicholas Spark's book and I will definitely go see the movie.






The last book I read this month was Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. This book is the second in the Outlander series. I gave this book and the first book of the series 5 out of 5 stars. I also follow the TV show as well and love how true it is to the book. I watched most of season 1 right after I finished the first book and the lines the actors say are identical to the book in many scenes.

Dragonfly in Amber follows the two main characters on some new adventures to a different country. The way it ends left me wanting more so I started the next book right away! If you love a good love story,  I definitely recommend checking these out!


If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment below!

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular Posts